Safelink free tablet is a government-funded program wherein low-income families attempt to connect to the world. The program has covered most marginalized families to provide them with the latest technological devices. The government, in partnership with Safelink, has initiated the helped several families in light of this program.
What Is The Safelink Free Tablet Scheme About?
The Safelink wireless EBB tablets are being given for free by the government to citizens below a certain income level. The Safelink tablet scheme, along with other government-aided programs has proven to be efficient. People coming from low-income households have had a great relief in communication.
An initiative by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission), this scheme is a part of the Lifeline Assistance program and ACP. The program is responsible for providing Safelink Wireless EBB tablets.
The Safelink free tablet program will give away tablets of a 7-inch screen with basic and advanced features. The tablet is efficient enough to cater to the fundamental needs of a family. It has a high-definition touchscreen and other useful specs.
This scheme under the ACP and Lifeline program has proven to be a success. Several low-economic families have benefitted as a result of it. People can use the tablet to connect with others, and their own families, acquire important information, be entertained, and whatnot.
The Safelink free tablet is given only to those fulfilling the eligibility requirements. They need to get ready with their documents, apply for the scheme, and receive their Safelink free tablet at home.
Does Safelink Give Free Tablets?
Safelink has partnered with the government of the US to provide free electronic devices to those in need. The company has have been working in favor of low-income families along with the state and federal government. The schemes and pans for these devices vary in different states. Yet, the scheme has been availed by numerous families having a low socio-economic status.
Mobile phones, tablets, and other electronic devices along with the internet have become a necessity today. Thus, the US government has very thoughtfully initiated this program with Safelink. The Safelink free tablet is available to those under the eligibility criterion.
How You Can Get free Government Tablet Safelink?
To get your hands on a Safelink free tablet, you need to follow these few easy steps :-
- Check if you fall under the criterion of a low-income household.
- If you meet the requirements, you need to check if you’re a member of the ACP program or the Lifeline assistance program.
- Once done, get all your documents ready (mentioned ahead).
- Apply online and fill up the form.
- Get your application form and the documents and submit them, either online or via mail.
How To Qualify For A Free Safelink Tablet?
As mentioned several times above, a Safelink free tablet can only be availed of by certain people. As the purpose of this scheme preaches, the Safelink free phone and tablet are for low-income families.
Safelink doesn’t give away free tablets to its customers. Only those who fall under the following eligibility criterion can get it :-
- You must be a member of either the Affordable Connectivity Program or the Lifeline assistance program.
- Your family’s annual income should be at least 200% below the Federal poverty guidelines.
- You could be a member of any of the government assistance programs:
- SNAP(previously Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Veterans Pension & Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Your family has received the federal Pell Grant.
- You must be above 18 years.
Documents Required For Safelink Free Tablet
To prove your eligibility and to get the benefits of the Safelink free tablet program, you need to submit a few documents. The Safelink free tablet will be delivered to you if you submit these documents along with the application form.
- Income Proof :- Paycheck, tax return, payment stubs, etc.
- Membership Of The Government Assistance Program :- SNAP or Medicaid ID.
- Government ID :- Driver’s license, military ID card, passport, state ID proof, etc.
- Address Proof :- Lease agreement, utility bill, government agency letter, etc.
- Social security number
Application Process For Safelink Free Tablet
Now that you’ve comprehended the eligibility criterion and have the documents ready, you need to follow the following steps to apply for the Safelink free tablet.
- Visit the online website – safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/Web/www/default/index.html– the national verifier website. This shall let you know if you are eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program or not.
- Choose the tablet from the Safelink free tablet EBB.
- Get to the application form and fill it up. Put in all of your personal information, name, address, identity proof, and eligibility proof.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Input your ZIP code to give receive the tablet.
- Give your full house address- input the name, apartment number, streets name, locality, landmark, city, and ZIP code.
- Check the government assistance programs that you are a part of. Submit the required documents as proof of the same.
- Review the entire form and proceed.
- Submit the form and you will get your Safelink free tablet delivered at yor doorstep.
Offline Application :-
There’s another way of applying for the Safelink free tablet- the offline method. You can download the application form from the website and get it printed. now, fill up the form manually just like you would do it online. Get a softcopy of all the documents that are required, as mentioned above. Submit the documents along with the application for, to the following address by post:
- PO Box 220009, Milwaukie, OR 97269-0009.
- Fax: 1-866-902-5756.
Safelink Free Tablet Plans
The SafeLink remote EBB Tablet accompanies an EBB administration plan (Life saver administration plan), which offers FREE Month to month Limitless Talk, Text, and Information. Free 10GB to 15GB Hotspot Data and Unlimited International Calling (varies by state).
Tablets Offered By Safelink
The Safelink company has been doing good deeds for the betterment of low-income families. Those who are not capable enough to get themselves fundamental services are being helped by the government in the best way possible. To connect through the world and to loved ones, people are offered Safelink free tablets.
This offer is not a compulsive favor. Rather, people get to choose from a list of tablets or devices that the company is providing.
- Alcatel #3T 8 :- Comes with an 8-inch display, 2GB RAM, 16 GB storage, Android 8.1 Oreo, powered by Quad-core Media Tek MT8765B processor, and has a 5 MP rear camera and a 2MP front camera.
- Apple iPad Air :- This one has a 10.9-inch Liquid retina display, an A14 Bionic chip, a Neural engine, 12MP rear camera and a 7MP front camera, a Magic keyboard, good 10-hours battery life and an Apple pencil.
- Fire HD 10 :- Coming with a 10.1-inch display, this one is also a great choice. It has a 12 hours battery life, a 1080p resolution HD display, a huge 64 GB storage, and inbuilt Alexa and Show mode.
- Google Pixel Slate :- Running on Chrome OS, this one is also a high-end tablet with several amazing features. It has a 12.3-inch display, 8th Gen Intel Core processor, 12 hours of battery life, 16GB RAM, and 256 GB storage. A Pixelbook pen and a detachable keyboard.
- Lenovo Tab P11 Pro :- You can choose this one if you want an Android tablet with an 11.5-inch display, and a Snapdragon 730G processor. 16 GB RAM, 128 GB storage, 15 hours of battery life, four JBL speakers, 13 MP and 5MP dual camera system.
Safelink, in collaboration the federal government has been doing a great job with the Safelink free tablet scheme. The program has made sure that low-income families are well connected to the rest of the world. The program ahs flourished so far and is still in progress.
You can avail of the services of the program within few simple steps, without any charges. Follow the steps above. If you found this article helpful, let us hear it.