How to Transfer your Qlink sim card to a new phone? Follow these simple steps and you’ll be up and running in no time!
You’re getting a new phone! Before you throw your old one in the trash and start using your new phone, there are a few things to keep in mind – especially if you’re transferring your Qlink sim card to the new device.
You’ll have to remove the sim card from your old phone and put it in your new one, but this isn’t as hard as it sounds, so don’t worry! All you need to do is follow these simple steps and you’ll be up and running in no time!
This article will guide you through the transfer process and explain the precautions you need to take.
What Is A Qlink Sim Card?
Your Qlink SIM card stores all of your information, including contacts, messages, media files and text messages. It’s important that you transfer this information when changing phones so that you can continue using it on the new device. If you have old mobile you can check How to find qlink wireless upgrade phone.
To transfer your Q link SIM card, first remove it from the old phone and insert it into the new one. Follow any instructions that come with the handset for installing a new SIM card (e.g., turn off the device before removing).
On most phones, pressing Menu then Settings will lead to an option for ‘SIM settings’. Here, go to ‘SIM settings’, then tap or click ‘transfer my data’. Once this is done, restart the device and use it as normal.
How Can I Get A Qlink Sim Card?
If you are eligible for the transfer, you should contact Q Link and ask them to send you a SIM card. They will send it to you free of charge. Once you receive your SIM card, simply insert it into the SIM slot on your new phone and turn it on.
You’re now ready to use your old number on your new device. Be sure to save all passwords and contacts before removing your old SIM card as once you do this, all data will be lost.
It is also possible to transfer an existing SIM card to Q Link. To check if the SIM card is compatible, use the last 4 digits of the number.
You will need to enter the 4 digits of the card number in the Q Link Wireless website to determine whether the card is compatible.
The SIM kit you receive will include your Q Link SIM card, three SIM card adapters, and a SIM card eject tool. Transferring to a new Qlink SIM card goes like this
Step 1 :- Find Out What Size SIM Card You Need
Your SIM card will come with instructions for how to insert it into your phone, but if you’re using an unsupported phone, or switching from one network provider to another, then it’s best that you know the size of your SIM before going ahead.
Here are some common sizes :-
- Standard (mini) – This is the most common size for GSM mobile devices. The size of the standard SIM can vary from 12x15mm to 15x25mm. It was formerly used by all networks worldwide until they switched over to micro-SIMs.
- Micro-SIM – Standard SIM cards have been replaced with micro-SIMs on most newer phones and networks. They measure approximately 12 x 15 mm.
As this is a very small piece of hardware, inserting it requires using a pin or paperclip which can be slightly tricky at first.
Some smartphones allow you to enter settings like enable LTE once the SIM has been inserted, while others may ask you to call customer service for assistance.
If in doubt, contact your service provider beforehand so they can guide you through the process; alternatively visit your local store where staff should also be able to help out.-
- Nano-SIM – Smaller than micro-SIMs, nano-SIMs measure 8 x 12 mm and were introduced as an upgrade from micro-SIMs due to reduced production costs.
Step 2 :- Prepare The SIM Cards
- Remove the SIM card from your old phone. If it’s not easily accessible, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Locate the SIM slot on your new phone. It should be at the top of the device or next to the battery compartment with an opening that’s approximately 2mm wide (the size of most standard SIM cards).
- If you can’t find it, refer to your manual for instructions.
- Place the old SIM card into the slot on your new device, making sure that it fits snugly and doesn’t move around inside or fall out of place if you shake or jostle it from side-to-side.
Step 3 :- Insert The SIM Card Into Your Phone
- Insert the SIM Card into the slot on top of your phone
- Press down on the back of the card until it clicks into place
- Slide out your old SIM Card, then insert your microSD card instead if there’s room. If not, just pop it out and put it back in later when you transfer to another device.
Step 4 :-Activate Your New Qlink Number
If you signed up for automatic billing, enter the 16-digit activation code that was sent to you by email. Otherwise, please enter the following information:
- Your 10-digit mobile number
- The 8-digit SIM PIN or PUK code on your old SIM card (if applicable)
- Click Validate when done. You will receive an SMS message with a confirmation code.
- Enter the confirmation code into the text box and click Validate. You are all set!
Step 5 :- Test Signal Strength & Connectivity
After transferring a Qlink SIM card, it’s important to test the signal strength and connectivity of the new SIM. You should do this by making a call or sending a text message.
If there are problems with signal strength, try swapping SIMs from one carrier to another. If there are problems with connectivity, contact customer service for help troubleshooting the issue.
Transferring a Q link sim card to a new phone is just as easy as transferring any other type of SIM card. You can do it at any mobile phone store or from the comfort of your own home with the instructions above.
The only thing that may cause an issue, if it can even be called an issue at all, are carrier specific settings. Some phones, for example Verizon or Sprint devices may need their APN reset for data services to function properly.
So if you’re having trouble getting 3G or 4G LTE up and working after transferring your Q link sim card to a new phone then try hard resetting first and foremost.
If that doesn’t work then go into advanced settings on your device’s system settings menu and look around for something relating to mobile networks (APN). Reset those APNs as well and see if that helps.
Frequently Asked Questions
I just upgraded my phone with Qlink Wireless Plan, can I use my old SIM card?
Maybe. If you haven’t already activated the new SIM card with the new device, it may work. However, if you have activated the SIM on the old device, then it won’t work on the new device. In that case, we recommend transferring your number and data plan to a compatible device first before placing an order for another SIM card.
Can I transfer my data plan or number to a different carrier?
You sure can! You will need to activate your old data plan or number on the new device before ordering another SIM card from them though.
What should I do if my old phone gets lost or stolen?
As soon as possible, call them at 855-754-6543 so they can disable service for your old phone. They also encourage you to call the police so they can help retrieve your lost or stolen property.
How much does it cost to get a new SIM card?
It costs $10 plus tax (or $25+tax if you want unlimited talk/text). It’s worth noting that they give out free SIM cards when customers upgrade their phones through their wireless plans!
How long does it take to receive my new sim card after ordering online?
The average shipping time is 1-2 days depending on where you are located within the U.S., however sometimes they ship out sooner than expected due to increased demand!